Handloom Dinner Napkins
Add a touch of Ethiopian heritage to your home and create memorable dining experiences with these handloom dinner napkins. With their vibrant colors and cultural significance, they make a statement while supporting artisan weavers. Each is hemmed along all sides and the minimal, timeless design complements any table setting.
- Material: 100% Cotton dyed using low-impact, AZO-free, REACH certified reactive dyes.
- Measurements: L 16" x W 16"
- Set of 2
- Handmade with love in Ethiopia
- Care: Machine wash in cold water. Tumble dry. Warm iron. Do not bleach.
- As with all handwoven textiles, there are slight variations making each piece a work of art and truly one-of-a-kind.
From the spinning of the thread to the weaving of the fabric, the process is done entirely by hand. The skill of hand spinning is passed down from mother to daughter and most rural women spin at their homes for extra income. Honoring this tradition, they purchase hand spun cotton thread from a network of women throughout the community. As most spinning is done during free time, it is a way to support women with supplemental income.
Hand weaving has been a way of life for centuries in Ethiopia. Even today, almost all of the traditional Ethiopian clothing is made on hand looms. The art of weaving is passed down from father to son, thus almost all weavers in Ethiopia are men. The techniques have not changed much for centuries, but the patterns, colors and designs have become increasingly sophisticated. A weaver can produce one to three scarves in a day depending on the level of detail of the design.
- Dispatches from USA
- Processing time: 1-2 Business days
- Estimated delivery time: USA: 2-5 business days. Canada: 3-15 business days
Our return policy lasts 14 days from purchase date. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it with all tags attached. Shipping costs are not refunded. Cutomer pays for return shipping.