“Invest in our Planet” is the theme for Earth Day 2022.
Please start taking an interest in what is going on with our environment. Make changes in your personal lives and your businesses to reduce your carbon footprint and save our beautiful planet.
Greenhouse gas emissions increasing concentration in the atmosphere is having a negative impact on the environment, your health, as well as having an economic impact, so finding ways to reduce your carbon footprint is essential.
Below are some suggestions on ways you can reduce your carbon footprint at home and at the office:
- Use reusable bags instead of plastic bags.
- Take your lunch to school or work in a lunch bag.
- Wrap your food in beeswax wraps instead of cellophane.
- When on the go, use reusable utensils such as bamboo travel utensils instead of disposable plastic ones.
- Reusable water bottles are a great eco-friendly alternative to plastic water bottles.
- Buy glass products instead of plastic.
- Reduce electricity consumption by using energy-saving light bulbs and turning off electronics and lights when not in use.
- Buy sustainable products for your home and office.
- Buy sustainable clothing.
- Clean your home or office with eco-friendly cleaning products. Avoid cleaning products that contain harsh chemicals.
- Eat organic foods which are free of pesticides.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
- Try to do more things online such as set up online billing, request online receipts etc. to reduce the amount of paper used.
- Clean up any garbage that you see in your neighbourhood; it can be a danger to wildlife.
- When possible, walk or bike to work, carpool or take a bus.
- Work from home.
- Install solar panels in your home or business.
- Buy kitchen appliances such as fridges or dishwashers that have a high energy rating.
- Reduce your amount of food waste.
- Use a composter.
These are just a few easy to do suggestions. Please make a commitment to continue to learn about environmental issues and find out what more you can do to help make a change for a better world.❤🌎 Happy Earth Day!