People love paraffin candles because they come in great designs, are colourful, smell good and most importantly they’re cheap!
But did you know that paraffin candles are a petroleum by-product and contain more then 11 toxic compounds and chemicals including Acrolein, a carcinogenic chemical? Not to mention the chemicals from the lead wicks, synthetic dyes and fragrances.
When paraffin candles burn, they release all these chemicals into your home, and you and your family are breathing them in. A study from South Carolina State University, found that these chemicals are associated with asthma, the exacerbation of respiratory conditions, and allergies.
Now let’s talk about beeswax candles….
In comparison, beeswax candles cost a lot more because for every 100 pounds of honey harvested, the beekeeper can only obtain about 1-2 pounds of beeswax. However, the benefits outweigh the cost!
100% Beeswax candles are natural, chemical free, have a long-lasting clean burn and are eco-friendly. They also have a natural honey smell to them.
In addition, beeswax candles release negative ions into the air which helps clean the air of toxins, dust, dander, and pollen and they eliminate bad orders. As well, beeswax candles are hypo-allergenic and offer many health benefits.
It’s time to make the switch!
*100% of ALL profits from Pure Energy Apothecary BEE the Light sales will be donated to Vermont's Committee on Temporary Shelter, which advocates for long-term solutions to end homelessness and provides emergency shelter, services, and long-term housing for Vermonters who are experiencing homelessness or are marginally housed.